February 22, 2011

Perfect Blue Bird Day


To celebrate President's Day this year we took advantage of having no work by enjoying the amazing skiing. As it snowed all day on Sunday we decided we would brave the crowds and head up even though we try to avoid going up on holidays and Saturdays becuase we try to stay away from waiting in lines. When we called snow report that night and realized they had recieved 35 inches of snow we decided to do something crazy, wake up at 6 and get up to Snowbird super early. For any of you who know me I really don't like waking up early in the morning, getting out of bed is probably the hardest part of my day. However, this sacrifice was definately worth the reward!

This was the parking lot when we got there at 7: 45 in the morning. We were the third car in the parking lot.

Since the lifts don't open until 9 we relaxed in the truck and listened to music while we waited.


 We got in line at about 8:45 and anxiously waited for them to let us on.
We were about the 15th chair up when we finally got on and I wish I would have taken some pictures of the first fresh lines we did, but I was just too giddy to think about anything but the skiing. 

I finally remembered to use my camera a few runs later. 

My dad is almost 60 and still kicks my butt everytime we going skiing. I don't think he has ever been more proud than when we called him at 6:30 and told him we were on our way up. He goes up to snowbird around 5 AM at least a few days a week. He has taught me my love for skiing and I am forever grateful to him for that.  







After skiing we went to Lone Star Taqueria for some delicious burrito, maybe the best I have ever had, or it may just be because everything tastes better after skiing.

Thanks Dash, Matt and Dad for a wonderful day together!

2 comments:

Dasha said...

Um, what in the world made you post that awful picture of me? Please remove. Or at least replace with the baby one. Cause it is kind of funny.

Matt and Masha said...

I removed it, but I really don't see why you thought it was that bad, the baby one is way more weird looking

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com