November 22, 2010

A night at Hogwarts

So I am a serious Harry Potter nerd and I am lucky enough to have friends who are just as nerdy as me. We have dressed up and gone out at midnight to get almost every book, and when those were done we did the same for the movies. I am trying to convert Matt to becoming an HP addict however I have only managed to get him to read books 1 and 2. With the first part of the 7th movie coming out this is one of our last midnight dress up opportunities left. Luckily my friends Lauren and Abby along with Abby's amazing family decided to make the most of it and had an amazing party before the movie. This was a serious HP night 60 people were invited and everyone had to RSVP their character so there were no duplicates and to make sure we had all the necessary characters there. Everyone was sorted when they got there and sat at their assigned tables in the great hall.

 The Great Hall


Honeydukes
 House Points

There were so many amazing costumes
George, Young Harry, Mad Eye, and Fred

Bellatrix, George, Fred, and Hermione

The amazing family that made all this possible
Tonks, Luna Lovegood, Rita Skeeter, McGonagall, and Young Harry


These were just a few of the awesome people that were there. To see more pictures you can go to my friend Lauren's blog.

After the party we rented out a theatre and went to see the 7th movie. I have never really loved the movies, they just can't measure up to the books but this one was actually really good. All in all it was one of the best nights ever! I am looking forward to July 31st for the next time we have a night like this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com